Applicants can apply to the Technion on the basis of the psychometric test (multi domain score) or the SAT or the ACT and five (5) AP exams with grades of 3 or more, where, in addition:
- One AP exam must be Calculus BC with a grade of 4 or 5.
- Two of the remaining four exams must be with a grade of 4 or 5 from the following list:
- Physics C (Electricity and Magnetism+ Mechanics. Both parts are compulsory. (Physics 1 will not be included in the calculation of the average).
- Computer Science A
The AP grades are considered for admission to the Technion. They do not grant Technion credits.
Conversion of AP Grades to Israeli (Bagrut) matriculation Grades
The AP grades are converted into Israeli Bagrut grades in the following manner:
These grades are considered equivalent to the 5-unit level of the Israeli Bagrut.
Bonuses are given for the high level (equivalent to 5 Israeli units) in the following subjects: Mathematics (+30), Physics (+30), Chemistry (+25), Biology (+25), English (+20) and Computer Science A (+30).
Hebrew, English and Physics Placement Exams
Hebrew Placement Exams
- Candidates who take the psychometric exam in Hebrew are exempt from Hebrew studies.
- Candidates who take the psychometric exam not in Hebrew must take the YAEL Hebrew test. Those who do not obtain a grade of at least 113 in this test will not be accepted to the Technion.
English Placement Exams
- A grade of at least 104 in the English section of the psychometric test is required for all programs. For Medicine, a grade of at least 120 is required.
- The English placement level is determined by the English part of the psychometric exam, the AMIR exam grade or the SAT reading section or in the ACT.
SAT/ACT English placement will be according to the following conversion table:
|Up to 519||Cannot be accepted to the Technion|
|520-600||Advanced English A|
|601-669||Advanced Technical English B|
|670 and more||Exemption|
Candidates for medicine with a grade lower than 600 cannot be accepted to medicine
Exemption from the Physics Placement Exams
- A grade of at least 4 in AP Physics C- Mechanics grants an exemption from the Mechanics
- A grade of at least 4 in AP Physics C- Electricity and Magnetism grants an exemption from the Electricity section.