Candidates with foreign matriculation exams that are not recognized by the Technion, that have taken exams in Math, English and at least one exam in a scientific subject at the highest level given in their state, can apply to the Technion.
These candidates must take the following exams:
- The Israeli psychometric test or the SAT or the ACT.
- Placement Exams (Entrance Tests) in Math and Physics at the Technion or the Israeli matriculation exams in Math and physics in 5 units.
- The entrance tests are the same as the placement tests in terms of the material needed for these testes and their dates.
- Registration for all tests is through the website of the Pre-University Education Center.It is highly recommended to study in the Pre-University Education Center. The center offers courses for those who need to prepare for the entrance tests and for the studies at the Technion. A year-long program offers intensive basic knowledge courses in Hebrew, Mathematics, Physics and English. A special program caters to new immigrants and newcomers to Israel.
Those who think that they have all the knowledge that is needed for the entrance tests can register only to them in the website of the Center for Pre-university.
- "YAEL" test (knowledge of Hebrew). For the next year (2018-2019), a grade of at least 113 is required.
- Applicants who have not taken the Israeli psychometric test will have to take the "AMIR" test (knowledge of English). For the next year (2018-2019), a grade of at least 104 is required.
Based on these grades the Dean of Undergraduate Studies will decide on the acceptance or rejection of candidates.